السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Zaatar Manakeesh with Cheese Recipe – Manakish Cheese Zaatar. A flavorful Arabic flat bread recipe made with the yummy goodness of both the Zaatar and Cheese.
I often do not bake with yeast as it requires patience for the dough to rise. Oh, and the kneading. I have no biceps to help me through the kneading.. He he.. But this Zaatar Manakeesh with Cheese Recipe – Manakish Cheese Zaatar is super easy to put together and does not require much rising time and henceforth doesn’t test my patience levels. You can just gather the dough together and by the time you get the zaatar and cheese ready it will be time to roll out the manakish. Yes, that is what I so love about this dish.
Make it for breakfast, make it for lunch or make it for dinner. It can be served at any time, to any one. The Zaatar Manakeesh with Cheese Recipe – Manakish Cheese Zaatar has a mild sweetness that blends perfectly well with the spice and saltiness of the cheese. This recipe is pretty much the same as the previously shared Zaatar Manakish Recipe-Manakeesh Zaatar recipe and the Cheese Manakish Recipe-Manakesh Cheese recipe. All I have done is I have combined both and made it into one awesome flat bread and enjoyed the goodness of both.
I love all types of Arabic or the Middle Eastern breads, be it the Chicken Fatayer Recipe-How to make fatayer or a simple Easy & Best Chicken Shawarma Wrap recipe. They taste so awesomely delicious and different from other bread varieties.
Let’s get started with the Zaatar Manakeesh with Cheese Recipe-Manakish Cheese Zaatar
Zaatar Manakeesh with Cheese Recipe-Manakish Cheese Zaatar
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour / maida
- 1 packet / 11 gms instant yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk lukewarm
- 1/3 cup olive oil + 4 tbsp
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup halloumi cheese shredded
- 4 tbsp zaatar
- 1 egg beaten
- Add yeast, sugar, salt and yeast to the milk.
- Add this milk and the beaten egg to the all purpose flour and mix.
- Now add in the olive oil and knead for about couple of minutes. Cover with damp muslin cloth and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, make 4 dough balls and roll into circles with the help of a rolling pin while dusting with flour.
- Spread the shredded halloumi and mozzarella cheese on half side of the manakish.
- Mix 4 tbsp of olive oil with the zaatar spice. (You can add more zaatar and olive oil if you like the flavor to come out very strongly)
- Spread 1 tbsp of zaatar on the other half of the rolled out dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 C for about 15 - 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post
For more such recipes try out the following