Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
Za’atar Flatbread, Zaatar filled flatbread cheese recipe is another bread recipe from the Middle Eastern or the Arabic cuisine.
In the manakish we have topped the za’atar mixed with olive oil to the flat bread. But in this Za’atar Flatbread, Zaatar filled flatbread cheese recipe we add the za’atar to the dough itself and top it with any filling that we like. We can top it with lot of cheese, or veggies, chicken or even mutton mince.
I love this variation of the Za’atar Flatbread, Zaatar filled flatbread cheese recipe as I love the taste of the za’atar mixed along with the flat bread itself.
Za’atar is a popular Arabic spice found very commonly in the Middle East. If you are in Dubai, I am sure you must have heard of this Arabic spice and it’s amazing benefits. Let me not bore you with more details and just head to the Za’atar Flatbread, Zaatar filled flatbread cheese recipe.
All we have to do is gather the ingredients for the flat bread but in that we will add the zaatar too. And proceed as per normal baking process for a flat bread. You can add any kind of topping that your family prefers.
My kids never get enough of cheese and I tend to add cheese quite a lot of times to my recipes. However, there is no hard and fast rule as to what is the correct topping. Just add what is your family favorite or just follow as per the instructions.
Let’s get started with the Za’atar Flatbread, Zaatar filled flatbread cheese recipe
Za’atar Flatbread, Zaatar filled flatbread cheese recipe
What You Need:
- 3 cups all purpose flour / maida
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup zaatar spice
- 2 cups cheese
- dried herbs for sprinkling
How To Make:
- Mix in the all purpose flour, yeast, salt, sugar, zaatar in a bowl. Add the warm water little at a time to make a smooth dough. Do not over knead it.
- Apply the olive oil to the dough and cover with a damp muslin cloth for at least an hour in warm place or till the dough has risen in double.
- Once the dough has risen, knead the dough again for ten minutes.
- Take 3 to 4 balls of the dough, depending upon the size of the bread that you prefer.
- Roll out the dough in any shape that you like.
- Bake in a pre heated oven of 220 C for about 15 minutes. (Every oven is different and the settings might differ according to the type and make of the oven, so use your best judgement while baking anything and keep an eye out for quick burn outs).
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with cheese and dried herbs or any other topping that you like.
- Bake again for another 10 minutes or till the cheese has melt and the bottom nicely browned.
- Serve hot.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help.