Yemeni Chicken Haneed Recipe – A fragrant and aromatic yet simple chicken recipe which is first cooked in a pressure cooker and then baked.
If you ever had the privilege to visit any Yemeni restaurant in the world, you would have definitely noticed the Haneed recipe on the menu, be it chicken and meat. Usually the Yemeni chicken Haneed recipe is made in a tandoor a kind of clay oven made with hot coals, but as not all of us have the luxury to own a tandoor at home, you can very well make this dish with the help of a pressure cooker and a general at home oven.
The Yemeni Chicken Haneed recipe is generally made with the whole chicken or cut into four pieces. I, however, as always prefer using the boneless chicken breast pieces as that is the preference of my kids. You can make this dish with any kind of pieces that you like.
Like the other chicken recipes, this is also a favorite among my kids and so with me, as the yemeni chicken haneed recipe is pretty simple to make . I love the sheer ease with which such dishes get made.
Living in Dubai has been the biggest advantage in terms of getting to taste various kinds of cuisines from all over the world. I wouldn’t even have known what is a Haneed otherwise.
For more Middle Eastern recipe check out Farrouj Meshwi Recipe-Arabic Garlic Chicken recipe Kunafa Recipe-Knafeh Recipe with Kataifi Traditional One Pot Harees Recipe Arabic Seekh Kabab
Let’s get started with Yemeni Chicken Haneed Recipe
Yemeni Chicken Haneed Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 kg chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken cut into four pieces
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, finely crushed
- 1 tbsp of cumin powder
- 1 tbsp of coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp all spice powder
- 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp of ground cardamon
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Add the chicken pieces in a pressure cooker.
- Add garlic and all the spices except oil. Mix the chicken well.
- Add a cup of water, and close the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook for 2-3 whistles or until the chicken is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape and place the chicken in an oven proof dish.
- Add the olive oil on top and close the dish with foil.
- Cook on the broiler mode until the chicken turns brown about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot with rice or Qubus as french fries
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in December 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.