Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe
Chicken Jalfrezi recipe or the Murgh Jalfrezi is another dish made with boneless chicken, this is a quick to prepare dish.
Servings 4 people
- 750 gms boneless chicken cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 capsicum red or green, cut length wise into strips
- 2 medium sized onion diced
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tomatoes pureed
Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, black pepper powder, and salt for 30 minutes or you can start cooking immediately.
Heat oil in a wide pan and fry capsicum till it slightly changes color. Drain from oil and set aside the capsicum.
In the same oil, add the diced onion and fry till it lightly changes color and is still crispy. Drain from oil with a slotted spoon and set this onion aside too.
In the same oil, add the marinated chicken and fry well till golden in color. Now add the tomato puree and cook till it is cooked and coated with the chicken.
Add in the fried capsicum and onion and fry on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from oil and serve hot.
- Add any color of capsicum that you have.
- You can skip the marination if short on time.