Andhra Pesarattu Dosa Recipe or Moong Dal Dosa
Andhra Pesarattu Dosa Recipe or Moong Dal Dosa recipe is one of the healthiest dosa variety that you will ever come across. This breakfast recipe is just a perfect meal if you are looking for a healthy Indian breakfast.
Servings 10 people
- 500 gms whole green moong
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- 2 tbsp rice
- 3 - 4 green chili chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger chopped finely
- 1 no. onion chopped
- salt to taste
- oil for drizzling over the dosa
Preparing the Pesarattu Dosa Batter
Soak the whole green moong dal, urad dal and rice overnight in sufficient water.
Discard the water and add fresh water in the morning.
Grind them along with green chili, ginger, and onion to make a smooth paste. This takes some time to grind.
Add salt and mix well. There is no need to keep this batter for fermentation like the other dosa batters. You can make this dosa instantly.
Heat a tawa and spread the dosa batter in a circular motion. Drizzle some oil and cook till the back side is brown in color. Turn over, cook till done.
Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
- I have not added the soaking time in the total time.
- Either use the grinder, mixie or blender to grind the batter.
- You can also add cumin seeds, methi seeds, garlic, and more green chili too.
- Cook on medium low heat for perfect dosas. If you cook on high heat, it will burn and not be cooked thoroughly.
- You can top with grated coconut, grated ginger, and coriander leaves as well.
- If you are planning to make this dosa at a later time, you can store in the refrigerator immediately after making the batter.