Aloo Beans Sabji
Aloo Beans sabji, a great Indian vegetarian side dish that tastes well with both rice and roti.
Servings 4 people
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 small sized potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 250 gms green beans stems removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and garlic. Fry till the garlic turns golden brown in color.
Next add in the potatoes, salt and turmeric powder. Mix well and cook till the potatoes are half-done.
Add in the green beans, coriander powder, red chili powder, and garam masala powder.
Cook covered on low heat till the potato and beans are done. Serve hot.
Pressure Cooker Version
Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds and garlic. Fry till the garlic turns golden brown in color.
Next add in the potatoes, salt and turmeric powder. Mix well, add a cup of water. Close the lid and cook for 2 whistles. Allow the steam to escape.
Add in the green beans, coriander powder, red chili powder, and garam masala powder. Add water if required.
Again close the lid and cook for 2 more whistles. Allow the steam to escape and cook till all the water is dried up from the sabji. Serve hot.
- Adding water will depend upon your vegetables. If your vegetables take a very long time to cook, then it is best to cook with little water.
- Add water when cooking in the pressure cooker.
- But if you cook without water on it's own steam on simmer, it will taste awesome.
- Cut the potatoes in whatever size you wish.