Cauliflower Poriyal recipe
A simple and tasty cauliflower poriyal recipe which will get cooked in a jiffy with the flavorful Indian spices.
Servings 2 people
- 1 medium sized cauliflower phool gobi (about 500 grams)
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves kadi patta
- 1 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 2-3 whole dry red chili lal mirch
- 6 to 7 garlic cloves lahsun, finely chopped or minced
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder lal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begin to splutter, add the cumin seeds, curry leaves,chopped garlic and whole dry red chili. Fry for about a minute.
Now add the turmeric powder, red chili powder and the cauliflower. Add the salt to taste. Lower the flame and close the lid.
Allow the cauliflower to cook on simmer and keep stirring it from time to time to prevent it from getting burnt at the bottom.
Switch off the flame when the cauliflower is cooked. That will take about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot with chapati, nan, rice or jeera rice.
- Sprinkle little water if necessary if you fear your poriyal will get burnt.
- Soak the cauliflower in cold water for about half an hour with salt and vinegar to remove worms.
- Stir occasionally to prevent burning.