Kerala Fish Fry recipe
Kerala Fish Fry recipe - Meen Varathathu recipe. A staple dish from the famous state of Kerala, this fish fry is pretty simple to make with the ingredients that you can find right in your kitchen.
Servings 4 people
- 500 gms fish cleaned
- 1 tsp red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder / haldi powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil / nariyal ka tel
- few sprigs of curry leaves
Mix the red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, black pepper powder and salt with a tsp of coconut oil to make a batter.
Coat the fish with this masala and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes for marination.
Making Kerala Fish Fry
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Next, add the curry leaves and place the marinated fish.
Cover the pan with a lid and fry till it turns brown on one side. Next, flip over the other side and fry till brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon.
Your delicious Kerala Fish Fry recipe - Meen Varathathu recipe is ready to serve hot with rice and gravy.
- You can make this fish fry with any variety of fish.
- Clean the fish thoroughly and apply turmeric powder and salt. Set aside for some time for an enhanced taste.
- You can skip the marination if you are short on time.