Gajar ka Halwa with Khoya recipe
Traditional Gajar ka Halwa with Khoya recipe - An amazingly delicious carrot halwa recipe for the cold wintery days.
Servings 8 people
- 1 kg red carrot
- 4-5 green cardamom
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 250 gms khoya / mawa
- 2 cups sugar
- almonds, cashew, raisins, pistachio chopped, for garnish
Peel and grate the carrots.
In a heavy bottomed pan, add the grated carrots, green cardamom and milk and cook. Stir often and cook till all the milk has evaporated and the carrot has turned soft.
Add the ghee and fry well till it starts leaving the sides of the carrot mixture.
Now mix in the sugar and cook till all the sugar has melt.
Finally add the khoya / mawa and give it a good stir till all the lumps have disappeared from the khoya and the carrot halwa has attained your desired consistency.
Serve warm or cold garnished with almond slivers.
- Always use red juicy carrots.
- You can adjust sugar according to your taste and preference.
- Ghee can be reduced if you are conscious about your calories.
- Bring the khoya to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for a week. Heat it before serving.