Mutton Masala Recipe, How to make Mutton Masala
Mutton Masala Recipe. A very simple and tasty mutton masala preparation made with lamb meat in a yogurt based sauce.
Servings 3 people
- 500 gms mutton cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp oil
- whole spices (cardamom, cloves, cinnamon)
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 - 3 green chili
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
Heat oil in a pan and add the mutton pieces & ginger garlic paste. Fry well till brown.
Now add the whole spices and onion. Fry the onion along with mutton till all the onion is thoroughly incorporated with the mutton pieces and dissolves.
Mix in the yogurt, green chili, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, salt and cook till the oil starts separating from the gravy.
Add 2 cups of water and cook till done or pressure cook for 10 minutes. Adjust the water to your desired consistency.
Turn off heat and serve hot garnished with coriander and mint leaves if desired.
The following are only estimates and not actuals:
- Always choose good quality mutton. The tender the mutton is, faster it will cook.
- The cooking time will depend on the quality of the meat as well as the method of cooking. If you use the pressure cooker, it will cook faster.
- For best results, cook in earthenware on low heat.
- Always wash non veg with turmeric, wheat and vinegar to remove raw smell from it.
- Adjust water according to the consistency you desire.
- You can also make this with tomatoes.