Bhajia Recipe, Onion bhajia recipe
Bhajia Recipe or the onion bhajia recipe is a tasty and a delicious snack which is just perfect with your evening tea. The bhajia recipe or the onion bhajia recipe is nothing but Indian fritters made with gram flour and onion with other spices.
Servings 4 people
For The Batter
- 1 cups gram flour / besan
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 no. onion roughly chopped or sliced
- 2 no. green chili chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
Preparing the Batter
Mix the besan, turmeric powder, rice flour, ginger garlic paste, red chili, salt and baking soda in a bowl. Add water slowly to make a thick batter.
Next, mix in the onion, coriander leaves and green chili. Mix well.
Drop them in hot oil by the spoonful and fry till it is golden brown in color on medium heat.
- Always fry over medium heat.
- You can prepare this a day ahead. Store them in a tin foil and reheat them in the oven the next day.
- Just add enough water to make the right consistency. So always slowly add the water.