Zarda recipe-Mutanjan recipe
A delicious and tasty yet simple zarda recipe or mutanjan recipe
- 2 cup basmati rice soaked for atleast 1 hour
- 4 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pistachio finely sliced
- 1/4 cup almond finely sliced
- 1/2 cup khoya
- 4 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp red food coloring or saffron/zaffron
Boil rice in water with the food coloring or saffron. Drain when the rice is 70% cooked.
Spread it on a big tray and allow it cool.
Cook sugar with 1/2 cup of water, cardamom and cloves in a pan. After the sugar is dissolved, mix in the ghee and cook for further 5 minutes.
Add the rice and cook it until the water dries up.
Add khoya and cover the pan and cook on low flame for further 10 minutes.
Mix gently and serve garnished with raisins, pistachio and almond.