Karahi Chicken Recipe, Kadai Murgh, Pakistani
One of the quickest and tastiest karahi chicken recipe
Servings 5 people
- 1.25 kg approx.2 lb chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chili
- 2 tomato made into paste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup yogurt beaten
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves/cilantro finely chopped
Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, tomato paste and salt for at least 2 hours.
Heat oil in a kadai and fry the chicken in it till oil separates. Add yogurt and cook till oil separates again.
Grind together cumin seeds, black peppercorns, garam masala powder, and red chili powder. Add this powder to the gravy along with green chili.
Cook till the masala is well coated to the chicken. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Cooking time will vary according to the size of your chicken.
- You can also add crushed chilli flakes instead of red chili powder.