Hyderabadi Methi Gosht recipe
Spiced mutton curry with methi leaves is a unique and often made dish at my home. It is a very popular dish of both the Indian and Pakistani cuisines.
Servings 2 -3
- 250 gms mutton cut into small pieces
- 2 bunches methi/fenugreek leaves
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon oil
- salt to taste
Heat oil in a pressure cooker and saute the onions till translucent.
Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for further 1 minute till the raw smell vanishes.
Add the mutton pieces and cook till all the water has evaporated.
Mix in the spices of turmeric, chili powder, tomato and coriander powder. Add 1 cup of water and close the pressure cooker with the lid. Cook for 4-5 whistles or till the mutton is tender.
Allow the pressure cooker to cool down and steam to escape. Add the methi leaves and cook till the leaves are tender and change colour completely.
Your delicious methi gosht recipe is ready to serve
- You can also cook this dish without the use of pressure cooker for best flavor and taste. The stovetop variation will require more time depending upon the quality of your meat.
- Clean the mutton with turmeric powder, wheat flour and vinegar to remove the raw smell from it.