Green Peas Pulao Recipe, Matar Pulao Recipe
A delicious matar pulao recipe made with green peas that is quick, simple and easy to make.
Servings 4 people
- 2 cups rice cooked (check notes if you want to cook the rice together)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- garam masala cinnamon, shahi jeera, cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf etc.)
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
Heat oil and add garam masala and onions. Fry until the onion turns golden brown in color.
Add peas, turmeric powder and salt. Give it a quick stir. Next, add sufficient water and cook until the peas are done.
Add the cooked rice.
Mix well to evenly coat the rice with the masala. Your matar pulao is ready to serve.
- If you want to cook rice along with the masala then add rice along with peas and for every 1 cup of rice, add 2 cups of water. Cook on high heat till water evaporates and lower the heat to cook further 10 minutes.
- You can add garam masala powder for enhanced taste and flavor.
- Frozen peas can be used instead of fresh peas.