Kesar Peda Recipe
Kesar Peda Recipe is a delicious and easy dessert made with mawa which gets ready in no time at all.
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 250 gms khoya or mawa room temperature
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 15 to 20 saffrom strands soaked in little warm milk for half an hour
- 1 tsp crushed cardamom
- 1 tbsp ghee
Take the khoya or mawa in a pan. Add the sugar and cook till the sugar dissolves.
Once the sugar has dissolved, the khoya would have melt as well. Add the saffron milk. Mix well.
Add crushed cardamom and cook till the mixture forms a lump.
Transfer to a plate and add ghee. Once it has cooled down a little, kneed for 2 minutes. This will help to get the smooth texture.
Take lemon sized balls and make it into any desired shape.
- You can add in any toppings that you prefer.
- Do not overcook or undercook the mawa.
- The kesar peda stays good for up to a week in an air tight container.
Serving: 2pedas | Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.5g | Protein: 0.9g | Fat: 4.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 42mg | Sugar: 7g | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 0.2mg