Dry Chilli Chicken Recipe, How to make Chilli Chicken
Dry Chilli Chicken Recipe is a restaurant style chicken recipe made in an Indo-Chinese style. If you like chicken, then you will love this dish.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 3 people
- 500 gms boneless chicken cubed
Ingredients for frying the chicken pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- oil for frying
Ingredients for preparing base
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 2 medium sized onions diced
- 1 green capsicum cut into squares
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp green chili sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp corn flour mixed in water
- 1 spring onion only the green part
Frying chicken pieces
Take a bowl and place the chicken pieces. Add the black pepper powder, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, all purpose flour, and salt. Mix well.
Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken pieces till they turn golden brown. Drain from oil and set aside on a paper towel.
Preparing dry chilli chicken
Heat 2 tbsp oil (you can use the same oil, which is used for frying chicken pieces) in the same pan on a high heat.
Add the chopped ginger and garlic. Fry till the raw smell vanishes from it. Add diced onion, capsicum and cook on high heat for a couple of minutes.
When the onion becomes translucent and little crisp, add the soy sauce and green chili sauce.
Add fried chicken pieces. Mix well. Adjust salt if required.
Next, mix the cornflour with some water to make a thick paste. Add this and spring onion and quickly stir the chicken. The corn flour thickens fast and if you don't stir fast enough, it will turn soggy.
Serve hot immediately.
These are just estimates and not actuals:
- Always serve immediately for best taste and flavor.
- You can also use egg white while mixing the ingredients for frying for extra crispiness.
- When you add corn flour, stir quickly as it thickens fast and might form lumps.
- Be careful while adding salt as soy sauce is salty too.
- You can make a healthier version of the same by baking the chicken pieces and adding less oil while making the base
Calories: 745kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.6g | Protein: 42.2g | Fat: 57.7g | Saturated Fat: 7.2g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 863mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 3.3g | Sugar: 3.4g | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2.2mg