Andhra Mutton Fry Recipe, Mutton Vepudu
Andhra Mutton Fry Recipe or the mutton vepudu is a very delicious and tasty lamb mutton pieces fried to perfection with not a lot of spices.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 3 people
- 500 gms mutton pieces bone in or boneless (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste adrak lahsun paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp red chili powder lal mirch
- 2 tsp cumin powder jeera powder
Cut and clean the mutton pieces thoroughly.
Cook the mutton pieces in a pan along with ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt with sufficient water till done. If you are using the pressure cooker, add a cup of water and cook for about 3-4 whistles.
Cook till the mutton is tender, and all the water dries up from the mutton. If using pressure cooker, allow the steam to escape from the pressure cooker and cook till all the water is dried up from the mutton pieces.
Add oil to the mutton, and fry till it is nicely browned.
Now add the cumin powder, red chili powder. Fry till the raw smell vanishes from the spices and mutton is browned well
Your delicious andhra mutton fry recipe is ready to serve. Serve with coriander leaves, chopped green chili and lemon wedges.
- Wash the mutton pieces with turmeric powder, wheat flour and vinegar to remove the raw smell from it.
- Cut the mutton pieces into really small pieces for best taste and results.
- Add or reduce chili powder according to your preference.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.8g | Protein: 35.3g | Fat: 24.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Sodium: 858mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 2.9g | Sugar: 0.6g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2.2mg