Easy Fish Gravy Recipe-How to make fish gravy recipe
A tasty and easy Fish Gravy recipe which is made with coconut in tamarind sauce.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 -5
- 500 gms fish (any fish of your choice, I have used King Fish in this recipe)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 medium sized onions
- 1 cup coconut freshly grated
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 1 cup juice of tamarind pulp
- 4 green chilly slit in middle
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- 4 tbsp dill leaves/suva bhaji
Dry roast the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds till lightly brown about a minute or so.
Grind this roasted seeds along with the grated coconut and onion to a paste and set aside.
In a large enough pan, add the oil, fish and rest of the ingredients green chilly, tomatoes, tamarind juice, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, coriander leaves, dill leaves and the onion-coconut paste.
Add a cup of water and mix well.
Cook on medium to low flame stirring occasionally. Just rotate the pan gently and don't stir too hard with the spoon. The fish breaks easily if you stir too much.
Switch off the flame when the green chili changes it's color and oil starts floating on top.