Kadai Paneer Recipe
Kadai Paneer Recipe is a simple and very yummy dish. It is so simple to make that it will soon become your favorite.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 3 people
- 250 gms paneer / indian cottage cheese cubes
Kadai Masala Powder
- 2-3 no. cloves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2-3 no. cardamom
- 1 no. small stick cinnamon
- 2-3 no dry whole red chili
For making Kadai Masala paste
- 6-7 cloves garlic
- 1 small pieces ginger
- 2 no. tomato
Other Ingredients for the kadai paneer gravy recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 no. onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 green chili slit lengthwise
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
Dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon, dry red chili, cloves, cardamom till a nice aroma emanates from them.
Allow the spices to cool and add them to a mixie jar. Add the ginger, garlic and tomato and make a paste with it. Set aside this kadai masala.
Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion till golden brown.
Add the ground spice paste, red chilli powder, green chili and salt. Cook for 2 minutes or till the raw smell from the paste has vanishes. Add the paneer cubes.
Add water if necessary. Cook covered till oil starts separating from the masala. Serve hot with rice or roti.
- You can add in green capsicum too in this recipe. Add them along with the spice paste.
- Add water if necessary. If you need a thinner version of this recipe for serving with rice, add more water before adding the paneer.
- For serving with roti, this variation without water should be fine.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.7g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 27.6g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Sodium: 488mg | Potassium: 417mg | Fiber: 4.3g | Sugar: 5.4g | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.8mg