Arbi ki sabzi with gravy
Arbi ki sabji with gravy is a tasty colocasia root curry that tastes awesome with rice. Serve it with any side dish of your choice for a satisfying meal.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 500 gms arbi peeled
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves/kadi patta
- 3-4 green chili halved
- 2 tsp garlic chopped
- 2 onion ground into paste
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp fresh coconut ground into paste
- 1 lemon sized tamarind ball soaked in water
Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the mustard seeds till they splutter.
Add the garlic, green chili, curry leaves and fry for a couple of minutes.
Next, add the onion paste and fry till the onion paste gets brown in color.
Put the peeled arbi, chopped tomato, curry powder, and salt and cover the lid. Cook until the arbi is tender. About 5 to 6 whistles of the pressure cooker. Allow the steam to escape.
Add the coriander leaves, coconut paste, and tamarind water and cook on low flame till the oil starts to float in the gravy. Serve it hot with rice.
- After peeling the arbi, use gloves to wash them as it might cause itching for some time.
- You can skip the tamarind juice if you prefer.
- The cooking time will depend upon the variety of the arbi, so adjust accordingly.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 43.1g | Protein: 4.1g | Fat: 8.6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 594mg | Potassium: 1011mg | Fiber: 7.6g | Sugar: 6.7g | Calcium: 6% | Iron: 7%