Mutton Korma Recip
A deliciously simple and tasty mutton korma that can be served almost with anything.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 4 people
- 750 gms lamb meat cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 2 green chilies
- whole garam masala 1 bay leaf, 1 inch stick cinnamon, 2 cardamon, 2 cloves, 1 teaspoon shahi jeera, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 onions sliced finely
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cashews soaked in water
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds /khus khus, soaked in water
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 no. tomato chopped
- 4 tbsp mint leaves and coriander leaves
Discard water from the cashew and poppy seeds and place them in a mixie jar. Add the yogurt and make them into a fine paste. Set aside this yogurt paste.
Heat oil in a pressure cooker or pan and add green chili, garam masala and onion.
Fry the onion till brown and add ginger garlic paste. Once the raw smell has vanished from the ginger garlic paste, add the coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt.
Add the mutton and cook till the water has evaporated and mutton has turned brown.
Mix in yogurt paste and tomatoes. Give it a good stir and close the lid. Cook until mutton is done, about 5-6 whistles. Allow the steam to cool and open the lid.
Add the coriander leaves and mint leaves to the gravy and cook for a further couple of minutes or till oil starts floating on top. Serve hot with khichdi, rice or roti.
- You can also make with slow cook method without the use of pressure cooker.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.4g | Protein: 43.9g | Fat: 29.5g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 594mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 2.3g | Sugar: 8.4g | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 0.9mg