Bhindi Masala recipe
Bhindi Masala is a simple and yet delicious vegetarian side-dish made with few basic spices
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 500 gms ladies finger cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomato chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
Heat oil and add onion. Cook till onions are translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell vanishes from it.
Add tomato and the turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt. Mix them well and fry for a couple of minutes.
Add the ladies finger cook on high heat till the bhindi changes it's color lightly. At this point, cover the lid and cook on slow flame. Let the ladies finger cook in steam, stirring occasionally.
Remove from fire when the colour of the ladies finger has changed
- You can add cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala along with red chili powder.
- When you heat the oil, you can also add the cumin seeds before adding onion.
- Ginger garlic paste can be omitted and garlic can be added along with onion instead.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.4g | Protein: 3.3g | Fat: 7.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 5.5g | Sugar: 4.2g | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1.3mg