Woven Circle is a beautiful, decorative stitch that can be made on any fabric. Like the Woven Trellis, this will also require weaving around the stitches.
What you will need?
- Any fabric.
- Embroidery hoop, 15cm (6″) (Bigger if you are working on a larger design) ( You can purchase a set of 6 hoops from Amazon for your basic needs.)
- Tapestry needle
- Embroidery thread (You can buy this pack of 36 shades of the DMC embroidery floss.)
How many strands of floss do you need for making the Woven Circle?
You can use all 6 strands of the floss. But if you are working on a finer design, then start with 2 strands of floss and increase the number of strands according to your design. I have used all 6 strands of floss for this design.
Step by Step Pictorial Process of making the Woven Circle
1. Draw a plus sign and work 4 straight stitches on it with a gap in between as shown in the above picture.
2. Bring a contrasting color thread on the end of a straight stitch. Pass it under the stitches without piercing the fabric.
3. After passing through all the straight stitches, pass the needle one more time as shown above.
4. Finally, end the weaving by taking it down and securing with a knot.
Tips for working the Woven Circle
- You can make a plus sign and work the straight stitches as I have done in the tutorial.
What is this stitch used for?
- This is a very pretty decorative design that can be worked on its own or with beads in the center.
(THIS POST PROBABLY CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY IS REALLY BORING, BUT YOU CAN FIND IT HERE)
More stitches tutorials:
- Stem Stitch
- Chain Stitch
- Running Stitch
- French Knot
- Lazy Daisy
- Back Stitch
- Cable Chain Stitch
- Fly Stitch
- Bullion Knot
- Woven Trellis Stitch
- Long And Short Stitch
Check out the video tutorial below
So until next time,
Pin this image for later reference: