السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Whole Wheat Dates Muffins recipe with Figs and much more. A delicious whole – wheat flour muffins and not to forget the dried fruits and nuts that would make a perfect Breakfast on the go. Never miss breakfast with this just grab and go muffins.
If you have been to Coconut Chutney (didn’t I catch your attention with the blog name!! I know, I was also stumped when I saw it for the first time), you would have seen Hiba’s Egg less Whole Wheat cake. When I saw that a few days back I was thrilled. I had been wanting to try the Whole Wheat Dates Muffins recipe with Figs since ages and this looked like a perfect answer. After lot of troubling her, (now she must be wondering why did she ever reply to my first message), I did finally make these delicious beauties.
Though I have tweaked the recipe a little bit to add figs, nuts and raisins, I stayed true to her other measurements. As my kids love muffins rather than the cake, I decided to make Whole Wheat Dates Muffins recipe with Figs in a muffin tray. You will find her final cake a rich dark brown, where as mine is light brown as I have used figs and raisins apart from the fact that my dates were light in color. I used the Mabroom variety. I am sure if you use only dates, then your final outcome will be rich brown too.
I was little skeptical how my family would react to this Whole Wheat Dates Muffins recipe with Figs, as this was the first time I was trying muffins with Whole Wheat flour. I have always used only the refined flour and though I have bookmarked and written down countless number of recipes, this was a first time that I actually tried making with the wheat flour. And the RESULT!! …….. !!!!!!!!! The batch got vanished before I knew it. Yes.. Finally I had a more healthier muffin recipe that I could make it anytime. I could take it along for a picnic outside or give it to my kids as an evening snack or simply pop it in their school bags as tiffin. Yummy..
Let’s get started with the Whole Wheat Dates Muffins recipe with Figs
Whole Wheat Dates Muffins recipe with Figs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar I used raw sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted / ghee
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dates raisins and figs (approximately 5 big dried figs, handful of raisins and 8 dates)
- 5 - 6 dates
- 2 figs
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 3 tbsp chopped nuts of your choice
- Soak the 6 dates, 2 figs, 2 tbsp raisins in warm water for 15 mins. Chop them roughly and set aside these chopped dried fruits aside. We will use this later after making the muffin batter.
- Soak the 1 cup dried fruits in hot milk for 15 minutes separately. Blend them into a fine paste along with the milk.
- Grease the muffin tray or line them with paper muffin cups and pre heat the oven to 180°C / 360°F.
- Sift the wheat flour and baking soda together.
- In a bowl add the butter, sugar and the ground fruit paste. Mix well.
- Fold in the wheat flour little by little and stir thoroughly. Add the chopped fruits and nuts to the batter. Give it a stir.
- Transfer the batter to muffin pan and bake for 20 - 25 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow this to stand on a cooling tray and serve warm.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following