Whole Wheat Date Cake with No Refined Sugar, how to make simple dates cake. Jammed with dates, this cake will be a delight to bake. This recipe calls for boiling the dates before mixing in. And small chunks of cut dates give that crunchy flavor that will leave you asking for more.
This is a must-try recipe which will never fail you and will amaze your family and friends. With soft moist texture and dense dates flavor, the warm cake will get wiped off in a jiffy.
You can even add in nuts of your choice for extra crunchiness. If you are an avid fan of more dried fruits, you can even add some more dried fruits like apricot or figs. And, oh yeah! You can even add some chocolate chips too. But I have kept that cake for later and now was in a mood to make pure dates cake recipe.
I had made it today evening, and I am sitting here drafting the Whole Wheat Date Cake with No Refined Sugar, with a tummy full of it. It was wiped off the plate right after shooting.
It wasn’t even allowed to cool down properly and was relished pretty warm with a glass of milk. Serve it whenever you like. Serve at breakfast or pack some for kids’ lunch box or simply serve it up at tea time. The nutrient-loaded dates will not only make your family relish this dates cake recipe but will get a lot of health benefits too.
I have a basic cake base recipe and to that, I love experimenting with different flavors and ingredients to it and love when it turns out well. This recipe was made with the basic vanilla cake recipe and I just added the dates paste to it.
Let’s get started with the Whole Wheat Date Cake with No Refined Sugar.
Whole Wheat Date Cake with No Refined Sugar.
- 1 cup dates I used 18 - 19 dates
- 6 dates roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Boil 1 cup dates with 1 cup water till the dates are soft and pulpy about 2 - 3 minutes. Blend into a smooth paste. Set aside to cool down completely.
- Beat together coconut oil and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat till creamy.
- Add in the dates paste and mix well.
- Sift together baking powder, baking soda with whole wheat flour.
- Add this flour to the dates batter little by little. Gently fold in with a spatula.
- Mix in the vanilla essence and the chopped dates. Transfer this batter to a greased cake pan
- Bake in a preheated oven of 350 F (180 C) for about 40 to 50 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Until Next Time