White Chicken Korma recipe or the safed murgh kurma is a delicious curry which is pretty much white in color.
The regular spices that we add in other curries are not added here. The spices like red chilli powder, black pepper powder or turmeric are totally not added in this curry. These spices generally give the dish it’s color. But here we have totally omitted them and added white pepper powder with green chilli.
Hence the over powering color is totally missing in this White Chicken Korma recipe or the safed murgh kurma. And you can guess how the dish gets it’s name.
We even add the cream to this White Chicken Korma recipe. It not only adds to the color, but enhances the taste of the safed murgh kurma to another level.
Like most of my recipes, this doesn’t take much rocket science. It is pretty simple to make and yet so awesome to taste.
But be sure to marinate the chicken well. Overnight marination will yield best results. But if you are short on time then you can always marinate for 4 – 6 hours. The more you marinate, the more the White Chicken Korma recipe will be softer.
The White Chicken Korma recipe is truly a party dish. You can do the marination a day before and yield up this fantastic dish that goes so well with any kind of Indian Breads. Be it roti, paratha or Indian Naan Bread Recipe.
In the recipe you will see that I have fried the onions and marinated this along with other ingredients. But you can also fry them just before you start preparing the dish.
Remember to add the cream at the end and not to over cook it. If you overcook the cream, it will lose it’s perfect taste and flavor.
The White Chicken Korma recipe will be your perfect
So let’s get started with the White Chicken Korma recipe, Safed Murgh Kurma
White Chicken Korma recipe, Safed Murgh Kurma
- 1 kg chicken cut into small pieces (use either bone-in or boneless)
- 2 tbsp + 2 tbspoil
- 2 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 2 green cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp black pepper corns
- 2 green chillies cut into half
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp white pepper powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup cream
- salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onion till golden brown in color. Remove from fire, set aside.
- Once the onions are cool, take a large bowl and add fried onion, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, black pepper, green chili, ginger garlic paste, white pepper powder, yogurt and salt. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and mix thoroughly. Marinate this overnight.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add the chicken marinade.
- Once the chicken is done, add cream, stir and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help.