Vegan Tofu Wrap, grilled to perfection is just what you need to have a filling yet healthy lunch. If you follow a vegan diet, then this is just what might be looking for.
Let me be extremely honest with you. I was not a big fan of tofu. It was more of an acquired taste much later. I still do not enjoy eating it bland. You will almost certainly never find it as a bland topping on any of my dishes.
But I have found a way around it and season it well to enjoy. I love experimenting with different flavors and have been making the tofu in really varied ways. One of the recipes of Tofu is already on the blog.
As Tofu is a much healthier option than the red meat, with it’s proteins and fewer calories, I have been trying to include it in our diets as much as possible.
And this Vegan Tofu Wrap is just an ah-maz-ing addition to it. It is pretty easy to make and the lunch box is pretty filling yet healthy for the kids.
I prefer to make the whole wheat tortillas for the Vegan Tofu Wrap as I like to pretty much control the ingredients that go into my family’s tummy.
But if that is not an option for you, then please search for healthier whole-grain tortillas in the market. Hopefully, I will put up a recipe for a healthy tortilla soon on this little blog.
As of now, you can simply enjoy these vegan tofu wrap recipe. The below recipe would yield 4 wraps and each wrap covers approximately 320 kcal. You can add in any of the healthy dressings of your choice.
So without further ado, let’s get started with the Vegan Tofu Wrap, Grilled Tofu Wrap Recipe
Vegan Tofu Wrap
What You Need:
- 1 16 oz. extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp mustard paste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 homemade whole wheat tortilla
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers sliced
- 2 carrots julienne
- 1 cup cabbage shred
How To Make:
- First, start by preparing your tofu. Press your tofu in between paper towel with a weight on it for at least 15 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces width wise.
- Mix tofu with olive oil, tomato paste, mustard paste, garlic powder, dried oregano, ground cinnamon, ground black pepper and ground cumin.
- Marinate for 30 minutes. Grill in your well seasoned pan on the outer side of the pan. Do not cook in the center as we would want the tofu to be cooked low and slow.
- Cook for about 5 minutes each side turning once in between. Remove from the pan and set aside while you assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Place a tortilla, some tomatoes, cucumber, carrot or any other veggie that you love and 2 grilled tofus.
- Roll into a wrap and enjoy this hearty and healthy meal.
Until Next Time,