Though the spring roll is supposed to originate from China, it is such a popular snack throughout the world that you would find it’s variation according to the country it’s made. But the basic remains the same, a crispy and stiff outer wrapper and the filling. In this veg spring roll recipe I have made with basic simple veggies which were available in my home. You can make the spring roll with chicken, mutton, paneer, sprouts.. Let your imagination run wild and you can come up with a delicious spring roll. recipe for veg
spring roll recipe-how to make veg spring roll recipe
The veg spring roll recipe calls for minimal ingredients which will be already available in your pantry. The veg spring roll recipe is a very delicious and easy to make. The kids love the veg spring roll. Its crunchy, delicious taste is what makes it a huge hit at parties. The veg spring roll recipe tastes great served with schezuan sauce. veg spring roll recipe-how to make veg spring roll recipe
What is veg spring roll?
It is an Indo-Chinese snack that is made with pastry sheets made of bread flour and vegetables. The sheets are filled with vegetables of your choice and deep fried till golden brown in color. It is a popular street food in India.
What vegetables go in vegetable spring rolls?
Cabbage, capsicum, carrot are generally added in this recipe. But you can add to any vegetable that you prefer.
More snack recipe:
How to make veg spring roll recipe
Veg Spring Roll Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 2 Spring onions, finely cut
- 2 Carrots, finely chopped
- 1 Green capsicum/ bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cup Cabbage, finely shredded
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp Salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Cornflour/ corn starch
- 10 Spring roll wrappers
How To Make:
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non stick pan. Add onion, spring onions, carrots, capsicum, cabbage and salt and toss.
- Add pepper powder and soy sauce and mix. Cook till the vegetables soften.
- Take the pan off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Make a paste of cornflour with 2 tbsps water.
- Place a portion of the stuffing on one side of each wrapper. Fold in the edges and roll tightly.
- Apply cornflour paste to open end and seal. Keep the rolls under a damp cloth. Gently slide into the hot oil and deep fry till golden and crisp. Serve the veg spring roll hot.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in May 2015. New, Image, Step by step photos and video have been added for better understanding. The recipe has been made printable in October 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.