Veg Fried Rice recipe with step by step photos and video is a delicious and simple rice preparation. Loaded with veggies, this is a lip-smacking, flavorful dish that will satisfy your taste buds.
The simple and easy to make veg fried rice recipe is surely a must try. It is not so difficult to make. Made with the veggies that you have at your disposal, you can elevate an otherwise boring meal into something exotic.
I am totally amazed how such a simple fried rice has so many variations across so many countries. Though the basic method is same, yet each country has it’s own little variant to it.
What vegetables to put in fried rice?
You can make this tasty and simple veg fried rice recipe with whatever veggies you can lay your hands on. There are no hard and fast rules to it. Generally, I add
- green beans
- spring onions
A tip for making the perfect veg fried rice
The main trick for making the perfect fried rice is the rice. Always, always use cold rice. But if you are short on time and do not have time to cool it down, just chuck it in the freezer for some time.
If you use hot rice, the veg fried rice recipe will be soggy and mushy. In a typical fried rice, the grains will be separated from each other. And to achieve thatYOU HAVE TO always use the cold rice.
What kind of rice is used for making the fried rice
Medium to long grain works best for preparing the veg fried rice. In this particular recipe, I have used the basmati rice. Short grain rice like the one used for sushi tends to get sticky and doesn’t pare well with fried rice.
Step by Step pictorial process of the procedure
- Swirl oil in a wok or kadai. Add the veggies, ajinomoto and salt. Cook on high heat for couple of minutes.
2. Add rice and toss well to mix.
3. Add in the soy sauce, spring onion and toss well on high heat to fully coat the rice. Serve hot with veg manchurian.
So let’s get started with the Veg Fried Rice Recipe, How to make vegetable fried rice
Veg Fried Rice Recipe, How to make vegetable fried rice
- 2 cups rice cooked and cooled
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup green beans finely chopped
- 1 carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp ajinomoto
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 stalks of spring onion green part separated and chopped
- Heat oil in a wok and add vegetables. Add the Ajinomoto and salt. Stir for a couple of minutes on high heat.
- Add cooked rice and toss on high heat till all the vegetables are mixed.
- Next, add in the soy sauce and toss again to coat. Finally, add in the spring onions and keep tossing the rice till it is fully coated and fried. This will take about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
- Be careful while adding the salt as the sauce will already be salty.
- Break up the lumps in the cooked rice (the goal is to try to separate cooked rice into individual grains).
- Cooking on iron wok tastes best. But you can also use other non-stick cookware.
- You can add in any veggies that you like.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in February 2017. Step by step photos and video have been added. The recipe has been made printable in October 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.