If you have been following my blog, you would have noticed that I love the paneer recipes. Be it paneer tikka, kadai paneer, chilli paneer or other paneer dishes, I totally relish it. The day I make a paneer recipe, my mood is really good the entire day. Lol.. Now I have said that loud.
So if you are bored of making same kind of recipes, try this simple yet different tomato paneer recipe. There are always lots of making the paneer, but I guess this has to be one of the easiest and quickest recipe. I love the sheer ease of making the tomato paneer recipe. You can even try with tomato puree if you have that at home. I, however, don’t use the tomato puree much and prefer the fresh tomatoes.
So without much further delay, let’s get started with the tomato paneer recipe
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you like this recipe.
Tomato Paneer Recipe
What You Need:
- 250 gms paneer/indian cottage cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 green chilies, slit into half
- 2 onions, ground into paste
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 to matoes, ground into paste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Microwave the paneer cubes for a minute. Throw the excess water and refrigerate the paneer cubes for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the green chillies and onion paste. Fry till the onion paste is light brown in color.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Now add the tomato paste and cook for couple of minutes.
- Add in the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Gently add the paneer cubes and cook on low flame till all the masala has been absorbed in the paneer. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)