Tandoori Paneer Tikka Recipe with step by step photos and video instructions has to top the list for any veg lover. The yummy, delicious and melt in the mouth Paneer Tikka is a show stopper, and rightfully so. The Tandoori Paneer Tikka along with Tandoori Chicken is my personal favorite too. Paneer/ Indian Cottage Cheese is marinated in spiced yogurt paste and grilled to make a delicious dish.
What is Paneer?
Paneer is nothing but Indian cottage cheese in Hindi. Made with curdled milk, paneer is a very popular dish in India and a hot favorite among vegetarians.
Can I make paneer at home?
What is Tandoori Paneer Tikka?
Traditionally speaking, marinated paneer is skewed on a rod and cooked in a tandoor. It makes one of the most amazingly delicious paneer tikkas.
What is a tandoor?
Tandoor refers to a variety of oven, generally a cylindrical clay or metal oven in nature. Burning coal is placed at the bottom and variety of dishes are prepared and baked on this tandoor in India. The Tandoori chicken, tandoori roti, seekh kabab are all made on the tandoor.
Is Paneer Tikka Healthy?
The tandoori paneer tikka recipe is a very healthy recipe as there is a minimal amount of oil used in it. The paneer is high in protein and low on carbs, so it is a very good dish for those on diet.
How to make tandoori paneer tikka on a grill pan?
Yes, you can make the tandoori paneer tikka recipe on a grill pan. It still tastes awesome like making on a tandoor. You can also add a touch of smoke from coal like in Tawa Keema, for the most authentic taste and flavor.
Can I make the tandoori paneer tikka in an oven or microwave?
Yes, you can also make the paneer tikka in an oven or a microwave.
- In Oven : Marinate the paneer as per the below recipe. Bake for 15 minutes at 220 C/ 430 F in a pre-heated oven flipping them over at half way mark. Once they are baked, switch on the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes till the paneer has a slight char on top.
- In Microwave : The marination process will be same for this version as well. Then place the paneer in a microwavable shallow dish and microwave for 3 minutes. Your paneer tikka will be ready.
Pro Tips / Important things to remember while making the tandoori paneer tikka recipe
Step by step pictorial process of making the tandoori paneer tikka recipe
1. Take a bowl and add the paneer cubes, onion cubes and diced capsicum.
2. Add the thick yogurt. If your yogurt is thin, then use hung curd. Take the yogurt in a muslin cloth and allow the water to drip completely before adding them to the paneer.
3. Next, add all the spices like the red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala, chat masala, ginger garlic paste, black pepper powder, coriander powder, amchur powder and mix well to fully coat the paneer. Once the paneer is coated, marinate this in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. For best results, marinate for 2 hours.
4. Heat a grill pan and place the marinated paneer, onion and capsicum on it evenly. Do not over crowd the pan and do not place on top of each other. Place them side by side.
5. Drizzle some olive oil over the paneer cubes.
6. Allow to cook till the paneer cubes, capsicum, capsicum are cooked and browned on one side. Flip them over and cook the other side of the paneer as well till browned. Serve hot immediately.
Serve this tandoori paneer tikka hot immediately.
This serves great as a snack or a starter along with mint yogurt chutney.
More paneer recipes:
How to make tandoori paneer tikka recipe
Tandoori Paneer Tikka Recipe
Watch the Video
What You Need:
- 400 gms paneer /cottage cheese, cut into 1 inch long and 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 1 large bell pepper /capsicum, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 medium size onion, cut into small squares
- 2 tbs[ hung curd/yogurt , or thick curd/yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste or crushed ginger garlic
- 1 to 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder , /haldi
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp dhania powder, / coriander powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder, / amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt to taste
How To Make:
- Take a bowl and add the paneer, capsicum and onion in it.
- Add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, amchur powder, black pepper powder, salt, chat masala to the paneer cubes and mix well to fully coat the paneer with it.
- Marinate this paneer cubes for at least 30 minutes or 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat a grill pan and place the paneer cubes, capsicum, and onion and drizzle some oil on it.
- Grill till the paneer is browned on one side. Flip over the other side and cook till brown. Serve hot immediately.
- Choose good quality paneer. It should be firm and not crumbly as it will break apart if you make with the crumbly paneer.
- You can bake, microwave, or grill on a charcoal or tandoor this recipe.
- Cumin powder and ajwain powder can be added for enhanced taste as well.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in May 2015. New images, Step by step photos and video have been added for the better understanding of the users. The recipe has been made printable in October 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.