Spicy Garlic Potato Fry is a very simple and tasty recipe. It is made with very basic spices and ingredients.
For more similar recipes try the following
You will not believe when you see the ingredient list for this lehsun aloo fry. Though the ingredients are very limited, the taste and aroma is out of the world.
The main secret for this spicy garlic potato fry is grinding the garlic and chili in a stone pestle. I love to crush it in the stone pestle. Though you can always grind in the mixie, but the taste from the stone pestle is very unique. The garlic gets perfectly crushed in it.
The fresh garlicky smell while grinding would make you hungry. And when we add this fresh garlic chili paste to the potatoes, the aroma that emanates is simply amazing.
You can make this chili garlic paste and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Just make sure the garlic is dry and does not have any water in it while grinding. I do not keep it for more than that though my aunt says that it stays good for longer than that.
So let’s get started with the Spicy Garlic Potato Fry, Lehsun Aloo Fry
Spicy Garlic Potato Fry, Lehsun Aloo Fry
- 2 potatoes peeled and cubed
- salt to taste
- 7 - 8 garlic cloves
- 2 - 3 whole dry red chili
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Crush the garlic and whole dry red chili in a stone pestle. Add the turmeric powder and crush till coarsely done.
- Add potatoes, salt and a cup of water in a pan and cook till the potatoes are 3/4th done and all the water has dried up.
- Add the oil and fry till the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Add in the crushed garlic chili paste and mix well.
- Cook on high heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Check out the video recipe below