South Indian Prawn Curry Recipe is a delicious and tasty seafood dish. Made with aromatic herbs, this is surely a delight.
In this South Indian Prawn Curry Recipe we will use the dill leaves or soy sabji. It is not a commonly used green. But when it comes to seafood, the dill leaves are truly amazing. They enhance the taste of the seafood to altogether another level.
You can check out the video recipe below. Please do not forget to subscribe to my channel to get latest updates from it.
You can find the use of the dill leaves in this Bengali Fish Curry recipe. The taste that we get out of it simply too irresistible. It gives a truly authentic taste to any seafood recipe.
You can serve it with some plain rice or even with roti or nan.
We do not add too many complicated spices in this south indian prawn curry recipe. Rather it is the greens that give it that unique taste. We will add the coriander leaves, the dill leaves and the spring onion.
The white part of the spring onion is first fried and then the green stalk is later added. We will add coconut paste too for that creamy and soft taste. You will find the use of coconut in my most of my seafood recipes.
So let’s get started with the South Indian Prawn Curry Recipe, Prawn Curry
South Indian Prawn Curry Recipe, Prawn Curry
What You Need:
- 250 gms prawns / shripms, de-shelled and de-veined
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 stalks of spring onion, white and green separated
- 2 green chilli
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tbsp dill leaves
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp coconut paste
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion, white part of the spring onion and green chilli. Fry till the onion turns brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell from it has vanished.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Fry for 2 minutes and add the prawns.
- Throw in the dill leaves, coriander leaves and the green part of the spring onion.
- Mix in the coconut paste.
- Mix well and cook covered on low heat till the prawns are done and the raw smell from the coconut has vanished.
- Simmer and once oil starts floating on top, switch off the heat.
- Your delicious south indian prawn curry recipe is ready to serve.
Check out the video recipe below.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help