Simple Prawn Curry Recipe is a tasty and quick to make prawn curry dish. It is so easy to make that it gets ready in no time at all.
For more similar recipes try the following seafood dishes
I love the simplicity that goes into making this dish. All you have to do is simply marinate the prawns, fry the onion and add the prawns. After that all you have to do is wait for prawns to get cooked.
As the seafood gets cooked in absolutely no time, you can truly enjoy the curry simple prawn curry recipe. The only tedious process is getting the prawns cleaned. And that can take forever.
I generally get the prawns cleaned from the market itself. They remove the outer layer and I de vein the prawns. If the prawns are fresh then deveining is a very simple process. The veins come off quite smoothly. Otherwise it could get quite a time consuming process.
So please ensure you get good quality and fresh prawns for ease of cleaning and best taste.
Let’s get started with the Simple Prawn Curry Recipe, how to make prawns curry
Simple Prawn Curry Recipe, how to make prawns curry
- 500 gms prawns / shrimps deveined
- 1 cup onion paste
- 1 cup coconut paste
- 3 - 4 green chili cut into half
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- handful of coriander leavess
- 3-4 spring onions green and white part separated and chopped
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- Take the cleaned prawns in a bowl. Add the onion paste, coconut paste, green chili, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, salt, coriander leaves, green part of the spring onion and ginger garlic paste.
- Mix everything well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onion and white part of the spring onion. Fry till brown.
- Add the marinated prawns and cook on high heat till it boils.
- Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat and cook till the prawns are done, and all the water has dried up.
- Remove from heat when oil starts separating.
- Serve hot.
Check out the simple video presentation below
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate your help.