Simple Mutton Gravy recipe in South Indian Style – A very simple and no fuss mutton gravy recipe which you can make with the most basic ingredients available right in your kitchen.
This simple mutton gravy recipe is pretty easy to put together when you are short on time and do not want to go through a lot of ingredients and process to make a simple gravy.
All you would need are some basic spices, coconut, yogurt, tomato and onion. I make this recipe quite often at home. When I go blank and cannot think any further what to cook, I would make this without thinking any further.
How lovely is it that life just gets so much easier with such simple recipes. Whatever would a quick fix cook like me would do without such life – savers.
And if you have been following my blog, you would have realized by now, how much I love such dishes. These are the kind of dishes that I prefer to make all the time. Simple, easy and tasty.
You can serve this Simple Mutton Gravy recipe in South Indian Style with simple plain steamed rice. Or with any kind of Indian Breads like the Naan, Roti, Chapati or even with flavored rice like the Lemon Rice recipe-How to make simple lemon rice recipe, Jeera Rice Recipe-how to make jeera rice recipe-indian cumin rice, or with the Khichdi.
Let’s get started with the Simple Mutton Gravy recipe in South Indian Style
Simple Mutton Gravy recipe in South Indian Style
- 500 gms mutton / lamb cut into medium size pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 green chili slit from middle
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp fennel seed powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp vinegar
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp coconut paste
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry the onions till golden brown.
- Now add the curry leaves and ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Next toss in the spices, turmeric powder, fennel powder, black pepper powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and green chili. Fry for a minute and add the mutton pieces and stir till the water has dried up from it.
- Next add chopped tomatoes, yogurt, garam masala powder, coconut paste, salt and vinegar. Add a cup of water and close the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook for 3 - 4 whistles or till the mutton is tender.
- Allow the steam to escape on it's own and open the lid and cook on low heat till the oil starts floating on top. Adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding water to your preference.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and mint leaves.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more similar recipe check out the following