Simple egg biryani recipe as the name suggests is pretty easy and simple to make. It doesn’t take a long time to cook unlike the other biryani varieties.
The only time consuming thing about this recipe is the cooking of rice. Once that is done then it is simply a breeze to make rest of the recipe.
For more biryani recipes, try these, Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani, Indian Chicken Biryani Recipe, Hyderabadi Egg Biryani
Simple Egg Biryani Recipe, Anda Biryani
- 4 - 6 boiled eggs whole or cut into half
- 3 cups basmati rice soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 big onions finely sliced
- 1/2 cup oil / ghee
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp biryani powder
- salt to taste
- whole garam masala 2 cloves, 2 cardamom, 1 tsp shahi jeera, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 inch stick cinnamon, 1 bay leaf
- handful of coriander leaves
- handful of mint leaves
- pinch of saffron soaked in little hot milk
- 2 tbsp ghee
- juice of 1 lemon
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan and fry the onions till brown. Remove the onions with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pan add the ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell vanishes.
- Next add in the yogurt, biryani powder and salt. Stir well and cook till oil starts separating and floating in top of the gravy.
- Remove the gravy from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add some biryani powder and oil, if necessary. Mix well.
- Add the eggs to this masala and cook till coated well.
- In a large enough vessel, add sufficient water. Add salt, whole garam masala and little oil.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the soaked basmati rice. Parboil the rice to 80%. The rice should be cooked yet feel a little grainy.
- Strain and remove the excess water.
- In a pan, spread half the rice at the bottom, pour the prepared gravy, spread half the fried onions.
- Spread the remaining rice, remaining onion, coriander leaves, mint leaves, saffron milk, ghee and lemon juice.
- Place the eggs on top. Cover tightly. Either with a foil or seal the lid with chapati dough.
- Cover and cook on extremely low heat for 15 minutes.
- Wait for 10 more minutes before opening the cover.
- Open the lid, mix very gently one portion of the rice and serve hot.
Check out the video recipe below
how to make the biriyani powder? or can u suggest an alternative to that?