Now, what can I say about this recipe? Even though I have titled it as the shredded chicken filling, this is such a widely used filling in my kitchen that it will be an understatement if I say I use it only for the chicken bread. I have named it as such because I made it which making the chicken bread which I would share with you all shortly, in sha ALLAH and it looked like an apt title for it.
I use this shredded chicken filling in a wide variety of dishes like chicken samosa, chicken puff, chicken roll, chicken bun, and the list just goes on. I had made the chicken bread the other day and had used this shredded chicken filling recipe for it. As the kids were at home, I had to finish my shoot really fast before the shredded chicken filling vanishes without making the chicken bread. Lol!! You can always make this with a salad or simply serve it as it is if you or your kids love it.
The shredded chicken filling recipe is a pretty easy one with amazing flavor and uniqueness. If you so wish, add some chat masala towards the end for additional flavor. You can even make this with any leftover chicken from previous night like tandoori chicken, grilled chicken, or even chicken 65 recipe. Shred the chicken and follow the rest of the recipe. All we have to do is cook and shred the chicken and fry some onions and add the ginger garlic paste and spices to it and stuff this as filling in any recipe that we like to make.
More chicken recipes:
So let’s head to our spicy shredded chicken filling recipe
Spicy Shredded Chicken recipe
What You Need:
- 500 gms boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
How To Make:
- Boil the chicken and shred it into small pieces with hand.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onion. When the onion turns translucent add the ginger garlic paste. Fry for a minute or till the raw smell from the ginger garlic paste vanishes.
- Add the red chili powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala powder and mix well. Add half a teaspoon of chat masala if you want at this point.
- Remove from flame and fill the chicken in the recipe of your choice.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in October 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.