Recipe for Paneer Butter Masala-how to make paneer butter masala-paneer butter masala recipe
Paneer Butter Masala recipe has to be one of the most popular recipes in India among vegetarians along with tandoori paneer tikka.
The soft melt in the mouth paneer in the buttery sauce is pure bliss to say the least. Whenever we eat out, I order paneer butter masala most of the time.
If you have been following my blog, you would have known by now, that I love the paneer recipes. Be it paneer tikka, kadai paneer, chilli paneer or other paneer dishes, I totally relish it. The day I make a paneer recipe, my mood is really elated the entire day.
So it is a running joke when my kids find me in a bad mood. Mom, make some paneer dish today. Lol!!
In this recipe for paneer butter masala, I have added both cream and cashew paste for extra richness. If you would like it to be little less heavy, feel free to omit either for this paneer butter masala recipe.
Your paneer butter masala recipe would still taste great. Be careful not to overcook the paneer as it might turn rubbery and spongy.
Let’s get started with our recipe for paneer butter masala recipe
Recipe for Paneer Butter Masala
What You Need:
- 500 gms Paneer/ indian cottage cheese, cut into cubes
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 2 one inch cinnamon
- 2 whole dried red chilies broken
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 6 to mato, pureed
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp cashew nut paste
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 3 tbsp coriander/cilantro, finely chopped
How To Make:
- Heat half the butter with one teaspoon oil in a kadai. Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, red chilies. Sauté for half a minute.
- Add onion and -fry until translucent
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste. Cook for another thirty seconds.
- Mix in coriander powder, red chilli powder and tomato puree. Cook on high heat till oil leaves the masala.
- Add paneer pieces and salt. Add half the coriander leaves/cilantro and half a cup of water. Cook covered on low heat for five minutes.
- Add the remaining butter, cashew paste and cream, give a gentle stir and remove from heat. Garnish with remaining coriander leaves/cilantro. Serve hot with nan, roti or rice.
You can make the gravy a day before,and just before serving, heat the gravy and add the paneer with cream and cashew paste.
For the video recipe of the paneer butter masala check below
Please don’t forget to like and comment if you like this recipe. For receiving exciting new recipes, subscribe to this blog.