السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Rava Kesari recipe, how to make rawa kesari. A very often made sweet in Indian homes, this rava kesari is pretty simple and tasty to make.
This sweet will be little different from the ones you might have seen before. We will fry the rava really well in ghee till golden brown and fry the nuts too in it along with sugar before adding the water. The frying part gives a nice crunchy flavor to this humble sweet and elevate it to different level. I feel it has more the taste of the dum ke seviyan.
You can even make this with jaggery. You can finely grate the jaggery and add it in place of sugar. But make sure there are no impurities in it. Even the most basic beginners can make this easy sweet with finesse. Some people add saffron or food coloring to the rava kesari recipe, but I do not use any, as the dark golden brown color from frying gives an amazing color to the sweet.
Let’s get started with the Rava Kesari recipe, how to make rawa kesari
Rava Kesari recipe, how to make rawa kesari
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup rava / semolina
- 5 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dried coconut, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 nuts, (almonds, pista, cashew)
- handful of raisins
- 2 cup water
How To Make:
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed kadai.
- Add the rava slowly and fry well till dark golden brown in color.
- Now add the coconut, nuts and raisins and fry for a minute till the nuts are crunchy.
- Add the sugar and mix well with the rava.
- Finally add the water while stirring continuously. (Be careful with this part as when you add water, hot steam will rise and you might get burns. If you do not stir, the rava will form lumps.)
- Cook till the mixture thickens a little bit. Remove from flame and serve warm. The rava kesari recipe will thicken after cooling.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following