Radiating Stitch is a very simple stitch. It consists of simple straight stitches. It resembles as if the rays radiate from one corner of the stitch and hence its name as such.
What you will need?
- Any fabric.
- Embroidery hoop, 15cm (6″) (Bigger if you are working on a larger design) ( You can purchase a set of 6 hoops from Amazon for your basic needs.)
- Tapestry needle
- Embroidery thread (You can buy this pack of 36 shades of the DMC embroidery floss.)
How many strands of floss do you need for making the Radiating Stitch?
You can use all 6 strands of the floss. But if you are working on a finer design, then start with 2 strands of floss and increase the number of strands according to your design. I have used all 6 strands for making this stitch.
Step by Step Pictorial Process of making the Radiating Stitch
1. Start by drawing a triangle or making the dots like a triangle. Bring the thread up at the tip of the triangle or at point A and make a stitch to the edge of the line to point B. Again, take the needle back to point A and take it down at point C.
2. Keep working in a similar fashion and make 5 straight stitches always taking it back to the corner.
Tips for working the Radiating Stitch
- Drawing a triangle will help in working this stitch easily.
What is this stitch used for?
- It can be used for making beautiful decorative stitches on motifs.
(THIS POST PROBABLY CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY IS REALLY BORING, BUT YOU CAN FIND IT HERE)
More stitches tutorials:
- Stem Stitch
- Chain Stitch
- Running Stitch
- French Knot
- Lazy Daisy
- Back Stitch
- Cable Chain Stitch
- Fly Stitch
- Bullion Knot
- Woven Trellis Stitch
- Long And Short Stitch
Check out the video tutorial below
So until next time,
Pin this image for later reference: