As it’s Friday today, it calls for cooking something special. And most of the weekends I end up cooking seafood like pomfret fry, prawn fry, baked salmon among others. As cleaning the seafood takes up some time I tend to cook it mostly during the weekends.
I made the pomfret fry, arbi ki sabzi and prawn masala with methi today. As I have mentioned earlier, my fridge is often stocked with the methi leaves and here I am presenting another recipe with the methi leaves. With abundance of goodness in it, it’s hard to resist the methi. The slight bitter taste of the leaves blends well with most of the other ingredients whether it is vegetables or non-veg. In this recipe I made the methi leaves with the prawns or jhinga as we call it in Urdu.
Try this prawn masala with methi recipe-jhinga methi- and let me know how you liked it.
Let’s get started with the Prawn Masala with Methi Recipe
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you like this recipe.
Use the below recipe to take an easy printout for your reference later.
Prawn Masala with Methi Recipe-Jhinga Methi
What You Need:
- 250 gms prawns/shrimps, de-veined
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 green chili, slit
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 to matoes, chopped
- 2 bunches of fenugreek leaves/methi, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion till translucent.
- Add the green chili and ginger garlic paste and fry till all the raw smell from the ginger garlic paste has vanished.
- Add the prawns and cook till all the water dries up from the prawns.
- Now add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, coriander powder and chopped tomato. Cook till the tomato has become tender.
- Add the methi/fenugreek leaves and add half a cup of water. Cook till the methi leaves change the color and the water dries up.
- Mix well till all the methi leaves and masala is coated well with the prawns. Serve hot with rice or roti.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)