Prawn Masala Curry is an incredibly tasty and an easy recipe. The spices used in this dish are easily available.
South Indian seafood dishes are one of the most famous dishes across the globe. The spices that go into the seafood makes it very unique and amazingly tasty. The flavors that you taste would be like never before.
Most of the Tamilian households would use lot of spices while making non veg dishes. And this Prawn Masala Curry recipe or the Eral Masala is no different.
The spices that I have used in this prawn masala curry can be roasted or non-roasted depending upon your personal preference. Both the methods will give different aroma and different flavor overall. But I personally prefer to roast the cumin and fenugreek seeds. The roasting not only enhances the flavors of the prawn masala curry but also engulfs your home with amazing aroma.
The perfect thing about this prawn masala curry is that the flavor is truly authentic. The prawn masala curry can be made more creative by adding other spices as well. You can use black pepper, saunf and other spices. They would truly elevate the flavor of the dish.
The perfect blend of spice and fresh prawns makes this dish worth trying at least once. I am sure you will surely not be disappointed if you do. You will surely get a taste of the Tamil cuisine in this awesome dish.
It doesn’t matter what combination of food you try this dish with. It can be combined with boiled plain rice, bread or naan (a special type of bread). The prawn masala curry would be just so awesome with anything.
It is super tasty when spicy. As my hubby dearest loves his food to be extra spicy, I remove some curry for my kids and then add some extra spice for him. So you can always adjust the spice level according to your taste buds.
The only difficult part of making this prawn masala curry is cleaning the prawns. But if you get that done from the market itself, like it is done here in Chennai, then I guess there is nothing much left to be done.
So let’s get started with the Prawn Masala Curry, how to make prawn curry, இறால் மசாலா
Prawn Masala Curry, how to make prawn curry, ????? ?????
What You Need:
- 500 gms prawns, deshelled and deveined
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 green chilli, cut into half
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 to matoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds / methi dana / vendayam
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, optional
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, optional
- coriander leaves to garnish
How To Make:
- Clean the prawns and mix with the turmeric and salt. Set aside these prawns while you get the masala ready.
- In a pan, take the cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, black pepper and fennel seeds. Dry roast till a nice aroma emanates from the spices. Remove from heat and allow it to cool. Once the spices are cool, dry grind to make a fine powder. Set aside this dry spice powder.
- In a pan, heat the oil. Add green chili and onion. Fry till the onion is light brown in color.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell from the ginger garlic paste vanishes.
- Next throw in the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are soft and pulpy.
- Add in the prawns, red chilli powder and allow to cook on medium heat with the lid closed. The prawns will naturally leave water, so do not add any extra water to it at this stage.
- Once the water has dried up and the masala starts leaving the sides of the pan, add the powdered spices. Give it a stir. You can adjust the consistency of the masala to your preference by adding little water now. Do not add too much water as it won't taste good. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help.