Prawn Biryani Recipe, an absolutely tasty and yummy biryani preparation that is pure delight. Once you get the taste of this easy prawns biryani, you will never look back. This is a pure delicacy.
For more similar recipes try the following,
Generally whenever we talk about biryanis, it is either mutton biryani or chicken biryani. And then again the next level belongs to the vegetable biryani. But whoever tastes the seafood biryani, will totally be blown away by it’s flavors.
The unique flavor, taste and aroma that comes from this prawn biryani recipe is simply amazing. It is very different in taste from the other biryani preparations. In sha ALLAH, someday I will share the fish biryani recipe as well.
The use of big prawns are very much desirable for making this prawn biryani recipe. Especially the really big ones. I don’t mean the tiger prawns but the other variety that is pretty big. But you can always make it with any size. As I didn’t find the big prawns when shooting for this post, I have used whatever was available.
But whenever I get the big ones, I definitely do not skip to make this delightful dish. Prawn Biryani recipe is my personal favorite.
So let’s get started with making the Prawn Biryani Recipe
Prawns Biryani Recipe
What You Need:
- 500 gms prawns, deshelled & deveined
- 500 gms basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes in water
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 4 onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tomatoes, made into puree
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- whole spices, (cumin seeds. shahi jeera, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, cloves)
- food coloring or saffron soaked milk
- bunch of mint leaves
- bunch of coriander leaves
How To Make:
- Mix together prawns, salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder in a bowl. Set aside the prawns till you get the other ingredients ready.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan and add the onions. Fry till golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell vanishes
- Add the tomato puree, cook for couple of minutes before adding yogurt. Cook for couple more minutes.
- Next, add in the coriander powder, kashmiri red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
- Throw in the prawns and cook till the prawns are done. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Heat sufficient water in a large pan. Add salt, whole spices and oil. When the water starts boiling, add the soaked basmati rice.
- Parboil the rice to 70%. The rice should be cooked yet feel grainy.
- Remove the rice from water by straining in a colander.
- Spread this rice over the prawn masala. Add the food coloring or saffron soaked milk, 2 tsp ghee, coriander and mint leaves.
- Cover tightly with a lid and simmer on extremely low heat for 15 minutes.
- Let it rest for further 10 minutes. Mix gently and serve hot.
Check out the video recipe of the prawns biryani recipe below. Do not forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get latest updates
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate your help.