Potato Stir Fry or the Aloo Stir fry is a famous South Indian vegetarian side dish. Made with everyone’s favorite veggie, Potato, it doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.
The Potato Stir fry is a very delicious and tasty recipe. You would require minimal amount of oil for making this amazing Potato Stir Fry.
For more similar recipes try the following
The ingredients that are used in this dish are something which you would already have in your pantry. You can even steam the potatoes to save up the time. I generally steam the potatoes while cooking rice. I have a steamer on my rice cooker. So I simple cut the potatoes and place them on the steamer. When the potatoes are half cooked, I complete rest of the steps.
But you can even cook the potatoes on low heat like I have shown in the picture. It is completely your wish what method you wish to use. Do not boil the potatoes though. They will turn soggy and mushy if you try to boil them too much.
After cutting the potatoes, soak them in salted water. The salty water would help to prevent the potatoes from browning.
The potato stir fry or the varutta urulai kilangu is a very famous recipe in Tamil Nadu. If you order a vegetarian thali, you will most probably find the potato stir fry served. The potato fry is almost a default side dish in Tamil Nadu.
When you are wondering what to make for lunch, and have some potatoes, then this will be your easiest dish to make. Whether we have any other vegetable or not in our pantry, we definitely stock up with potatoes. And nothing is more easier than making this aloo stir fry recipe.
You can serve this delicious potato stir fry recipe along with some plain hot rice and some khatti dal. That is all that you would need for a tasty and quick lunch menu.
So let’s get started with the Potato Stir Fry Recipe, Aloo Stir Fry, வறுத்த உருளைக்கிழங்கு
Potato Stir Fry Recipe, Aloo Stir Fry, ?????? ??????????????
What You Need:
- 7 - 8 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 3 - 4 whole dry red chili
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves / kadi patta / karavapillai
- 4 - 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced finely
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds begin to splutter add the cumin seeds, whole dry chili, curry leaves, garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
- Then add the onion and cook till it turns translucent.
- Add the potato, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and cook on low heat with the lid closed.
- Stir occasionally to prevent the bottom from getting burnt. You can sprinkle some water if necessary.
- Cook till the potatoes are done.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help.