السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Popeye’s Homemade French Fries Recipe. This is my humble attempt to make the world famous fries at home as closest as possible. These are easy copycat french fries made from scratch! These are the best fries you will ever have!!
For making the best Popeye’s Homemade French Fries Recipe, choose non – starchy potatoes, the ones that when you peel with your nails, scrap off the skin off the potatoes. Just like how we did the potato wedges, this is pretty much the same. The technique that I used to make the basic french fries was from India’s original Masterchef himself, Sanjeev Kapoor. I had seen him making it in a cookery show and found it so easy that I right away tried it with fantastic results. I do not know if I will be giving out the exact directions as it was so easy that I never took it down on a paper and have been doing it this way since long. But if you are short on time, you can very well use the ready made frozen fries too and just use the seasoning and make some tasty Popeye’s Homemade French Fries Recipe.
Cut your potatoes into fries and half boil them. You will have to be careful here as if you overcook it, the fries wil just fall apart. Drain the water and spread it on a kitchen towel and allow to cool. Pat dry any extra moisture. Pop it in a zip lock bag or any bag in the freezer for at least an hour. Remove from the freezer and season it with cajun spices and fry away to glory. Yes!! That’s it!!! It is as simple as that. Your delicious Popeye’s Homemade French Fries Recipe will be ready.
Let’s get started with the Popeye’s Homemade French Fries Recipe
What You Need:
- 3 - 4 non - starchy potatoes, cut into fries
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- oil for frying
How To Make:
- Keep the cut potato fries in water to prevent discoloration.
- Bring water with salt in a large bowl to a boil.
- Add the cut up fries and cook till half done. Do not overcook the fries.
- Drain the water and spread on a kitchen towel. Allow them cool and pat dry any excess moisture.
- Place the fries in a zip lock bag and freeze for at least an hour.
- Mix red chili powder, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne powder, onion powder, all purpose flour and olive.
- Add the fries and toss well till coated. Sprinkle few drops of water if necessary.
- Heat oil on high flame and fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or garlic paste.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following