السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Pepper chicken recipe as the name suggests is a chicken dish made with lots of black pepper.
I am totally surprised that I have been posting a lot of chicken recipes of late. Though I haven’t been cooking them on a daily basis, still the chicken recipes are getting featured almost regularly on my blog of late. The reason is because the pictures have been lying in the drafts for long and I have been choosing it for publishing them only now.
The pepper chicken recipe, dry is made with lot of black pepper. It can be called as kali mirch murgh too. It is a pretty simple recipe, not so complicated to make. But then, all my recipes are like that, lol. I don’t usually do lengthy process in cooking. Those are reserved for weekends or special occasions. I generally like it when the recipes are pretty simply and easy to make and yet taste different and unique.
So this pepper chicken recipe is one of those recipes where the chicken tastes very different from the regular chicken recipes and yet is so minimally spiced and tastes awesome. The black pepper flavors the chicken so awesomely well. I, for one, am a big black pepper fan.
So unlike how I keep mentioning that this recipe is a favorite in my home being a hit with kids or hubby dearest, I would rather say, that this pepper chicken recipe is my personal favorite. Well, sometimes I get to make what I love too. For a slightly different taste I have added green bell pepper too. Serve it with spring onions garnished.
Let’s get started with the pepper chicken recipe, pepper chicken dry
Pepper Chicken Recipe-How to make Pepper chicken recipe
What You Need:
- 500 gms boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp black pepper, freshly crushed
- 1 green capsicum/green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 green chili, split
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- spring onions for garnishing
How To Make:
- Clean the cut chicken pieces thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions and green chilis. Fry till the onions turn translucent. Now add the ginger garlic paste and cook till all the raw smell has vanished.
- Add the chicken and cook till all water dries up. Now add the coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt. Cook on low heat till all the spices are incorporate well into the chicken. Add half a cup of water if required. Cook till the chicken is done.
- Now add the sliced green capsicum and freshly crushed black pepper powder. Stir well and fry for a couple of minutes. Remove from fire and serve hot garnished with spring onions.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more similar recipes see Boneless Tandoori Chicken recipe in oven-how to make tandoori chicken recipe Kerala Style Chicken Curry Recipe-Kerala chicken curry with coconut Chettinad Chicken curry recipe-how to make chettinad chicken curry recipe Hyderabadi Dum ka Murgh Salan-Hyderabadi Lagan ka Murgh-Dum Chicken Curry