Pav Bhaji Masala is an easy to make recipe in a street style. This is a very famous street food that is available in each and every corner of India.
For more similar recipes try the following
Masala Kaju recipe, Spicy Masala Cashew Nuts
Raw Mango Bhel Recipe, How to make raw mango bhel
Peanut Chat Masala Recipe, How to make peanut chat
The cooked veggies which are mashed well along with butter and served along with pav is simply a must have if you ever visit India. Pav is a type of bread or bun made especially for this dish. This bun is in square shape.
You will find lot of street vendors or road side eateries selling this pav bhaji masala. Though you can always buy the pav bhaji masala at very minimal cost, but there is always the hygienic factor.
Nothing can come even close to what we make at home. There is always the lurking fear about how the outside food was cooked.
But then, there are times when we simply want to relish such food. We crave so much for the street style food that we give in. So, worry not!! You can always try the pav bhaji masala at home. Fresh, clean, tasty and yummy!!
I have uploaded the video of the pav bhaji masala recipe below. Check it out and see for yourself how easy it is to make this dish. You will never again crave for the outside pav bhaji again.
The main tip here is to mash it well in the tawa. After cooking the veggies, we transfer them to the tawa or a flat iron pan and cook them in butter while mashing further. The slow process of mashing while cooking will make the veggies get that creamy consistency.
And always remember to toast the pav lightly with the masala. It really gets a good crunch and flavor to the otherwise bland bread.
You can easily get pavs outside. But in sha ALLAH, I’ll share the recipe for the pav too in the future.
I have added peas, carrot and beans in this recipe, but you can add whatever veggies you like including capsicum, cabbage etc.
So let’s get started with the Pav Bhaji Masala, Street Style Pav Bhaji Recipe
Pav Bhaji Masala, Street Style Pav Bhaji Recipe
- 6 pav
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potato
- 1 cup boiled and mashed veggies peas, carrot, beans etc
- 2 to matoes chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp + 2 tsp pav bhaji masala powder
- butter as required
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- chopped onion
- chopped coriander leaves
- lemon juice
- Take tomatoes in a pan and add little water. Cook while mashing them. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes and mashed veggies. Keep mashing while cooking.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and pav bhaji masala. Mash while cooking. Cook until the tomatoes are done.
- In a tawa, heat 3 tbsp butter. Add onion, ginger, garlic and cook till onions lightly change the color.
- Add the previously cooked potato vegetable masala.
- Add the remaining 2 tsp pav bhaji masala powder.
- Keep mashing for further 5 minutes.
- Keep the masala on one side of the tawa and add little butter at a time.
- Cut the pav in half and toast it over the butter. Remove and set aside.
- Add some more butter and mix with masala.
- Take the masala in a bowl, garnish with onion, coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve the masala along with the pav.
Check out the video recipe below. Do not forget to subscribe to my channel to get the latest videos.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate your help.
Leave a Reply