I am here again with another veg and non-veg included recipe. This has to be my all-time favorite recipe. I can never get tired of eating the patta gobi gosht recipe or in other words the mutton cabbage curry recipe. The recipe for making this patta gobi gosht recipe is pretty much the same like the drumsticks mutton recipe. We cook the mutton masala first and then later add the cabbage and cook till done.
This is one of those traditional recipes that was cooked regularly by my Ammi. I can still feel the taste of the patta gobi gosht recipe made by her in my mouth. How some recipes just evoke strong emotions is just plain amazing. Even a simple dish as mutton cabbage can take you to back in time and make you wish that you could, if possible, just gather a couple of minutes together. But, alas, that is just that not possible and that is what is life about. We can gather the memories and be hopeful of the rewards from ALLAH(swt).
Coming back to the recipe, the patta gobi gosht recipe/mutton cabbage curry is pretty easy, we make the mutton masala with onion and tomato and mutton and once the mutton is tender, we add the cabbage and cook till it is done.
How to make the patta gobi gosht recipe
Patta Gobi Gosht recipe
What You Need:
- 1 big head cabbage, finely shredded
- 500 gms mutton
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- 3 tbsp oil
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry the onion till translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell from the ginger garlic has vanished.
- Add the mutton pieces and and cook till all the water dries up.
- Now add the tomatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Pour about a cup of water and close the lid of the cooker and cook till the mutton is done, about 15 minutes in pressure cooker.
- Allow the steam to escape and then add the shredded cabbage. Mix well. Cook on low heat till the cabbage is done. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in October 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.