السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Paruppu Podi Recipe will be your best friend when you run short on time and have to make a quick tiffin. You can just make the dosa or idli and serve it simply with this powder.
Before I start raving about this paruppu podi recipe, let me tell you that there are lot of fond memories with this podi recipe. As a kid, in our home, this was the only kind of podi recipe that was made. The Milaga podi or the gun powder were not so much popular in my home. The Paruppu Podi recipe was a hands down winner. Mom would make it quite often and serve it with idli or dosa. I even used to enjoy it with dal and rice. It was my favorite combination.
My aunt would make it as a pocket with the paapad dough. Rolling out the paapad dough and then filling it with this paruppu podi recipe and finally sealing it off in the shape of a chili. That was the ultimate way to use this powder. Yummy!! I am salivating just thinking about it. And I won’t even dare to try to make it. I am pretty sure it requires experienced hands and I am just a plain novice at that. Never say never, someday… maybe I will gather the guts to try it out. in sha ALLAH.
Let’s get started with this simple and easy Paruppu Podi Recipe
Paruppu Podi Recipe, How to make Paruppu Podi
What You Need:
- 200 gms roasted bengal gram / roasted chana dal / Pottukadalai
- 15 cloves of small garlic
- 15 whole dry red chili
- 50 gms dried coconut, grated
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
How To Make:
- Heat oil and lightly roast the whole red chili. Remove the chili and fry the garlic in same pan for a minute. Remove and set aside.
- Now add the dried coconut and roast for a couple of minutes till a nice smell starts emanating. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Now is the time to lightly roast the roasted bengal gram further. Roast for 2 minutes and allow it to cool.
- Dry grind the whole red chili, garlic, salt and bengal gram to a fine powder in a coffee grinder or dry mixer.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well. Store in an air tight container.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such easy recipes try out the following